You cannot select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.

4.8 KiB

title date attendees draft
Meeting Minutes 2021-04-14 2021-04-14

Call to order / Attendance

Anti-trust Reminder

This is a reminder that all OpenPOWER Foundation activities are subject to strict compliance with the OpenPOWER Foundations Antitrust Guidelines. Each individual participant and attendee at this meeting is responsible for knowing the contents of the Antitrust Guidelines, and for complying with the Antitrust Guidelines. Copies of the Antitrust Guidelines are available at:

Workgroup Housekeeping

Update on workgroup charter process Call for participation went out until Chair and maintainer process Taking nominations / volunteers for positions Chair Paul Lecocq, IBM Tim Pearson, Raptor POWER Core technical lead ? Uncore Technical Lead Tim Pearson, Raptor Software Technical Lead ? Github Maintainers ? Reminder of tentative Workgroup organization
3 subproject proposal
POWER Core selection, design, and optimization FPGA "uncore" required interface definition, I/O definition, on chip bus, build process OpenBMC updates and performance tuning, what is the minimum feature set / libraries needed
Reminder of workgroup collaboration tools
Slack / IRC #librebmc on freenode (namespace) Google Drive OPF Discuss GIT repository Larger shared storage area to save meeting recordings Need mailing list tool that people can add themselve to. LibreBMC press announcement OpenPOWER Blog TheRegister Phoronix Twitter @OpenPOWERorg @LibreBMC Last Meeting Follow-up OCP Global Summit, Nov 8-10, Call for Papers June 1. New Business A2P - Bill Flynn, IBM Pretaped Video presentation and slides Open Items document Need to convert to github issues Use this for issues for the overall project Need to start getting content into git License file Apache V2 with hardware Readme Go from the charter and add more description on working way ….. How to select base core(s) to start from Microwatt (from BoxArty) Kestrel A2P Discussion on what components are needed on FPGA What exists Updates required? What needs to be designed

Notes LibreBMC Charter Status: Call for participation went out May 10 14 day window closes May 26 Expect first official meeting to be May 27, need to send that out to membership Workgroup organization

A2P, Bill Flynn A2P started from VexRISC-V and converted it to POWER ISA 32b core See presentation in Google Drive A2P folder for details A2P is currently ~5400 LUTs, VexRISCV is around 2000 LUTs Possible differences 1000 LUTS for GPR implementation in FF vs BRAM Hazard logic is more complex in POWER May have more hardcoded instructions vs microcoded in VexRISCV

Open Items

Git repository items

Core selection

FPGA Components / Status Action Items Start document of links to tools and hardware for others to replicate work.
Diagram of all open tools, how they fit together, what is missing, what needs significant improvement - FuseSoc, OpenLane, Symbiflow, Yosys, openroads, etc
EDA Tooling - Containers - Make sure these support Power. I believe that Rob Taylor added Power support. EDA Tooling - Conda -

EDA Tooling - if you are a Bazel fan; Used by Googles XLS team ->

Add current projects that you are working on that relate to LibreBMC or opentools. Plan would be to schedule presentations on them to stir conversation and colla This will highlight areas where technical issues can be worked across projects. Next Meeting Agenda Items

Future topics

Arjun to present Tim Pearson to give update on where Raptor is going with Kestrel